- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the broccoli, dried mustard, and smoked paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe from Fitness On Demand